BIBCO participants contribute bibliographic records to international databases, meeting or exceeding the elements of the BIBCO Standard Record. BIBCO records include headings backed by complete authority work, both descriptive and subject.
December 31, 2014 will be the last date for contributing new BIBCO and CONSER records formulated according to AACR2. Starting January 1, 2015, all new PCC bibliographic record contributions must follow RDA, the BIBCO Standard Record, the CONSER Standard Record, and other PCC program guidelines for bibliographic description. For more about RDA implementation, see the RDA and PCC section on the PCC home page.
BIBCO Documentation & Updates
- PCC RDA BIBCO Standard Record (BSR) Metadata Application Profile (April 2014):
- BIBCO Participant's Manual (2014 revision) (Word: 586 KB)
- BIBCO Standard Record Metadata Application Profiles (MAPs)
- PCC Provider-Neutral E-Resource Guidelines
- PCC Guidelines for Creating Bibliographic Records in Multiple Character sets (May 2010) (PDF: 576 KB)
Training resources on the application of BIBCO Standard Record elements tailored to meet your users' needs.
- PCC BIBCO RDA Online Training Plan (Nov. 2012) (Word: 39 KB)
- BIBCO Standard Record Training Course Summary and Outline
- Training Webinar for New BIBCO Members (Sept. 2014) (PDF: 390 KB)
Keep up with the latest BIBCO Program discussions and directions. Read BIBCO task group reports and project status reports for member comment: ALA, OpCo, PoCo, etc.
- ALA Annual 2014 PCC At-Large Meeting BIBCO Notes (Word: 45KB)
- BIBCO Standard Record Task Group Final Reports (July 16, 2010)
- Read more BIBCO Reports
BIBCO Resources and Forms
Become a BIBCO partner and reveal your collections to the world in records created to BIBCO standards
Meetings & Events
BIBCO Cataloging FAQ Topics
- BIBCO Cataloging
- Cataloging Electronic Resources
- Uniform Titles for BIBCO Libraries
- LC Classification for BIBCO